SO18 Big Local offer Small Grants in order to:
- Increase the capacity and resilience of existing voluntary organisations
- Maintain existing services provided through voluntary organisations which would otherwise withdraw outreach from the SO18 Big Local area
- Support the establishment of new voluntary organisations to help people identify their problems and their own local solutions
… as long as the project meets the Big Local outcomes (see http://so18biglocal.org.uk/about/).
The SO18 Big Local small grants fund offers local groups and organisations working in the SO18 Big Local area a chance to apply for funding for their projects. At present SVS hold the grant contracts on our behalf.
Grants of between £100 and £5000 will be considered, but most requests are under £3000. Big Local would expect an application requesting more than £3000 to be of exceptional quality.
Grants so far have enabled local groups to:
- Improve or replace equipment
- Make improvements to the place they meet
- Undertake a short-term project that they would otherwise not be able to consider
- Better afford the cost of their venue
Big Local also invites some organisations to bid for more substantial projects that Big Local and residents have identified as particularly important. If you may be interested, please contact us to discuss this further.
Both rounds of the SO18 Big Local Small Grants Fund have closed for this year, and we are reviewing our grants process. However, we are still running our Quick Wins Fund (see below) and are open to hearing from organisations that have a proposal for a larger project we can work together on.
Quick Win Fund
As well as supporting existing groups, Big Local is also keen to see local people start new ones. To enable people to have a go, and test whether something might work, Big Local offers grants of up to £100. Requests can be made by individuals if there is no organisation supporting the initiative.
There is no closing date, and applications can be considered within 6 weeks of their receipt.
Interested in applying? Contact us!
Since SO18 Big Local began in 2012, it has each year allocated funds to be awarded to organisations working in our area. In addition to the funding that SO18 Big Local makes available, Lovell contributed £30000 over 2012-2015. These funds cease from May 2016 but were integrated into the Big Local Small Grants process, so are included in the list of grants awarded.