For 5 years, SO18 Big Local offered Small Grants in order to:
- Increase the capacity and resilience of existing voluntary organisations
- Maintain existing services provided through voluntary organisations which would otherwise withdraw outreach from the SO18 Big Local area
- Support the establishment of new voluntary organisations to help people identify their problems and their own local solutions
… as long as the project met the Big Local outcomes (see http://so18biglocal.org.uk/about/). We offered local groups and organisations working in the SO18 Big Local area a chance to apply for funding for their projects, with SVS holding the grant contracts on our behalf.
Grants awarded enabled local groups to:
- Improve or replace equipment
- Make improvements to the place they meet
- Undertake a short-term project that they would otherwise not be able to consider
- Better afford the cost of their venue
Although our Small Grant Fund has closed now, SO18 Big Local is open to working in partnership with organisations that have ideas for projects that fit with our aims, and tackle issues that residents have identified as particularly important. If you are interested, please contact us to discuss this further.
(These are just a few examples). Please contact us if you would like support applying for a grant.
Quick Win Fund
As well as partnering with existing groups, SO18 Big Local is also keen to see local people start new ones. To enable people to have a go, and test whether something might work, Big Local offers grants of up to £100. Requests can be made by individuals if there is no organisation supporting the initiative.
There is no closing date, and applications can be considered within 6 weeks of their receipt.
Interested in applying? Contact us!
Lovell contributed £30000 over 2012-2015 to the SO18 Big Local Small Grants Fund. These funds cease from May 2016 but were integrated into the Big Local Small Grants process, so are included in the list of grants awarded.