We are committed to protecting the privacy of your data. We wish to respect any personal data you share with us and keep it safe. We aim to be clear when we collect your data and not do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
We, at SO18 Big Local, collect, process and store personal information (meaning information that relates to you from which you can be identified such as your name, address and other contact details) in accordance with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulations. The Data Controller is SO18 Big Local and our address is Harefield Hub, 47 Melchet Road, Harefield, Southampton SO18 5GW.
Our partners include but are not limited to TWICS and SVS. The National Big Local programme is run by Local Trust. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
Why do we collect information?
We collect information to allow us to provide you with the information or service you have requested from us; to provide you with information which we think you will be interested in; to tailor information and services we provide to ensure they are relevant to you; and so we can improve how we operate more generally.
We collect information about you:
- When you give it to us directly – you may give us your personal data in order to receive our email updates about local events or services, or when you take part in an event run by us; when you volunteer with us or take part in any of our youth and community projects or when you otherwise engage with us. When you give us information in this manner, we may collect and store this information.
- When you visit our Website
We may collect information about you when you use our Website, for example your email address. Please see our Cookies Policy for more information.
In certain circumstances you have a right to require us to stop processing your personal data in a particular way, or for your data to be erased from our database. If it is not necessary for the purpose you provided it to us for (e.g. providing you with a service or item you have requested) or we do not otherwise require the data to be archived for future reference, we will do so.
The legal basis that we rely on for processing your data is either where:
- You have provided your consent to us using your data in a certain way;
- It is within our legitimate interests, or
- It is necessary in connection with the performance of a contract with you; or
- It is necessary to for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
You have a right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you. If you want to access your information, please send a description of the information you want to see and proof of your identity to info@SO18BigLocal.org.uk
Please let us know if you have any queries or concerns about the way that your data is being processed by contacting us on info@SO18BigLocal.org.uk. You are also entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s office, and for further information see the Information Commissioner’s guidance here https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/personal-information.
In processing your information and sharing it with our partners or data processors as referred to above, we take appropriate technical and organisational measures (in accordance with applicable law) to keep your personal data secure against unlawful or unauthorised access or accidental loss, damage or destruction. At the same time, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot 100% guarantee the security of your information against criminal hackers and other external threats beyond our reasonable control.
Other disclosure of your information
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following situations:
- If SO18 Big Local or substantially all of its assets are transferred to a successor body, in which case personal data held by it will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to share your personal information with the police or other external agencies to comply with the law or to protect ourselves and others against fraud or illegal activity.
- To third party data processors, acting in accordance with our instructions and under a written contract, who provide technical or operational support to our organisation (e.g. web hosting providers).
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
To block cookies from being used on this website, please change your cookie settings.